Research & Consultancy
Curriculum Vitae (PDF)
Research and Consultancy
Details of major sponsored research projects
- Seismic qualification of control and safety rod drive mechanism for fast breeder reactor Phase I: Theoretical studies – sponsored by IGCAR, Rs 6.8 Lakhs with Prof. V Kalyanaraman and Prof S Narayanan.
- Seismic evaluation and retrofit of existing multi-storey building – sponsored by DST, Rs 32.5 Lakhs with Dr. Devdas Menon, Dr R Satish Kumar, Dr. P Alagusundaramoorthy, and Prof. V Kalyanaraman. Major role in preparing seismic evaluation methodologies and the required computational tools.
- Study material on structural engineering laboratory – a multimedia CD on undergraduate laboratory experiments – sponsored by Centre for Continuing Education, IIT-Madras, Rs 0.6 Lakhs with Prof. V Kalyanaraman.
- Infrastructure for decision support system for cyclone disaster management – under thrust areas in technical education scheme of MHRD, Rs 12 lakhs with Prof L S Ganesh and Dr. K N Satyanarayana.
- Cyclic load testing of prestressed concrete hollow piles – sponsored by NIOT, Chennai, Rs. 5 lakhs with Prof. P K Aravindan.
- Natural Hazards Mitigation – sponsored by MHRD under Technology Development Mission, Rs. 10 lakhs with Prof. C S Krishnamoorthy.
- Testing facility for advanced studies on dynamic and nonlinear behaviour of structural and mechanical systems sponsored by NIOT Rs 40 Lakhs with Prof. N Rajagopalan.
- Studies on non-linear behaviour of structural systems – under the modernization of laboratories scheme of MHRD Rs 15 lakhs with Prof. V Kalyanaraman.
- Soil-structure interaction effects on design of circular raft foundations sponsored by IC&SR of IIT-M Rs. 0.5 lakhs with Dr. S R Gandhi.
Details of major consultancy
- Design of Reactor Vault for prototype fast breeder reactor – sponsored by IGCAR Rs. 10 lakhs with Dr. Devdas Menon and Prof. P K Aravindan.
- Design of 7.5 m dual shaped earth station antenna system – sponsored by NRSA. Rs 3.80 Lakhs with Dr. R Satish Kumar.
- Experimental studies on fatigue ratcheting of straight pipes – sponsored by BARC, Rs 3 Lakhs with Dr. R Satish Kumar
- Andhra Pradesh cyclone hazard mitigation project – Wind damage model – sponsored by Delft Hydraulics as a part of World Bank Project, Rs. 12 Lakhs with Dr. K N Satyanarayana and Dr. Devdas Menon.
- Structural and mechanical design of Doppler weather radar system – sponsored by ISRO, Bangaolore, Rs. 3 Lakhs with Prof. V Kalyanaraman, Prof. K Lakshminarayanan, and Prof. C Gopinath.
- Stability analysis of mechanically launched multispan bridges – sponsored by R&D (E) Pune, Rs 2.0 Lakhs with Prof. V Kalyanaraman.
- Development of offshore platform structures using core loaded sleeved column system – sponsored by Tube products of India Ltd. (TI), Rs 3.0 Lakhs with Prof. V Kalyanaraman and Prof. C Ganapathy.
- Nonlinear static and dynamic analysis of tall guyed radio towers – sponsored by ECIL, Rs 1.0 Lakhs with Prof. V Kalyanaraman.
- Localized impact and blast analysis using finite element method – sponsored by DRDL Rs 12 Lakhs with Dr. A Rajaraman and Prof. C P Vendhan.